Realist Review Submission Guidelines
Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Journalism: (Interviews, Reporting, own experiences) We expect you to have interacted directly with primary involved, gotten their perspectives. It’s not about your perspective, it’s about your subjects’.
Minimum: 500 words
Maximum: 1,000 words
Commentary/Analysis: Expressing a perspective on policies or developments in international affairs and diplomacy.
Minimum: 800 words
Maximum: 2,000 words
What we don’t want:
- Academic Papers – the writing we publish is intended for a non-academic, though informed audience.
- Pure Memoir – personal nonfiction is accepted, but should include some connection to broader regional/international issues.
- Quotes and Statistics should be accurately sourced and hyperlinked (all sources should be hyperlinked).
- Submissions should be free, for the most part, of grammatical and spelling mistakes. Our editors will only accept finished and proofread pieces.
- You must approach arguments with enough intellectual honesty to accurately represent the other side. Realist Review does not publish strawmen. (source & hyperlink claims).
- Journalistic pieces should abide by standards explained in http://handbook.reuters.com/index.php?title=The_Essentials_of_Reuters_sourcing .
- We intend to publish work that represents your unique voice and perspective, not writing that could be found on the front page or op/ed sections of the New York Times, or The Washington Post.