Realist Review Submission Guidelines
Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE CONSULT THE GUIDELINES BELOW BEFORE SUBMISSION
What We Want:
The Realist Review is primarily interested in written commentary or analysis that expresses a perspective on policies or developments in international affairs and diplomacy.
Minimum: 800 words
Maximum: 1500 words
Other forms of content, such as journalism or audio/visual media, will be accepted on a case-by-case basis according to the editor’s discretion.
What We Don’t Want:
- Academic Papers – The writing we publish is intended for an informed but non-academic audience.
- Pure Memoir – Personal nonfiction is accepted, but should include some connection to broader regional/international issues.
- Partisan Advocacy – The Review will not publish pieces that advocate for the election of specific political candidates or parties, nor will it entertain ad hominem attacks on policymakers.
- The article as plain text in the submission email body is preferred.
- Quotes, statistics and all other claims should be accurately sourced and hyperlinked.
- Submissions should be free, for the most part, of grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Journalistic pieces should abide by standards explained in http://handbook.reuters.com/index.php?title=The_Essentials_of_Reuters_sourcing .
- We intend to publish work that represents your unique voice and perspective, not writing that could be found on the front page or op/ed sections of the New York Times, or The Washington Post.